Kinross House – Private Estate – Scotland
More than a grand estate, Kinross House is a celebration of Scottish history, heritage, culture, and landscape.
Steeped in history and grandeur, Kinross House and its fabulous estate setting undoubtedly provide one of Scotland’s finest destinations, a unique and regal place of unparalleled beauty.
Whether for business or pleasure, the estate is ideal for a multi-generation family holiday, house party celebration, luxury golfing trip, stalking or shooting holiday, corporate incentive or Board Meeting. We can create bespoke itineraries to ensure that everyone in your party is entertained. During the day, activities can include a combination of both on and offsite pursuits such as helicopter rides, cultural trips, fishing and boating, cycling, walking, clay pigeon shooting, archery, croquet, falconry displays, chocolate tasting, Highland games, luxury golf, shooting and stalking parties, and signature spa treatments in our own boutique Day Spa to name but a few. In the evening we can lay on spectacular entertainment including fabulous bands, magicians, whisky or gin tastings, pipe bands, Highland dancers, casino nights, murder mystery nights and more.
The estate comprises over 100 acres of private grounds including perfectly restored formal gardens and woodland looking out over beautiful Loch Leven.
The estate also owns Loch Leven Island and the Castle where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. A truly unique location yet only 40 minutes from both Edinburgh and St Andrews.
The house has a magnificent history, designed by Sir William Bruce and dating back to 1685. It is the first, and most important, neoclassical Palladian mansion built in Scotland, considered to be Sir William Bruce’s greatest masterpiece.
The estate now offers exclusive hire of Kinross House and the coach house (in the converted stables courtyard), or indeed both for those wishing to hire the full estate.
Every imaginable comfort awaits in this exceptional setting. The house and gardens create a spectacular once in a lifetime backdrop for all types of special occasions.
Kinross House Estate sits on the west shores of Loch Leven in this most inspiring of Scottish locations. You will feel like you are a million miles away from daily life, yet Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland, is only 45 minutes away, and Edinburgh airport can be reached in just 30 minutes.
The historic seaside town of St. Andrews and the picturesque Fife coastal drive is only some 45 minutes away, and Glasgow about 60 minutes away. Heading north, the town of Perth is just 20 minutes drive, and just beyond are many stunning drives into the glorious Perthshire landscape with an abundance of activities and things to do to keep everyone entertained.
The spectacular gardens also provide many areas suitable for wonderful marquee events for up to 450. The intimate yet splendid setting of Kinross House offers an unparalleled gourmet experience, catering for guests individually, depending on their every need and is perfect for both informal and formal dinners and functions.
Given our proximity to our main airports, the estate offers an ideal location for those not wanting to spend too much time travelling during their visit to Scotland. At the same time, our location offers you the opportunity to explore all that Scotland has to offer, from our historic cities to castles to golf courses to whisky distilleries. Many activities can be ticked off the to-do list within a relatively short drive time.
KINROSS HOUSE AT A GLANCE
• Scottish mansion built in 1685 by Sir William Bruce
• Magnificent Drawing Room areas
• Private dining for up to 50 using the Coach House Hall
• Series of smaller dining/meeting rooms
• Whisky Library
• Billiards Room
• Small Gym
• Marquees for up to 300 (several different site options)
• Beautiful gardens
• Estate grounds suitable for many sporting pursuits including clay pigeon shooting, archery, falconry and Highland games
• Private pier
• Opportunity to visit Loch Leven Castle Island
• Boating and fishing on Loch Leven
• Available for exclusive use hire
• 30 minutes from Edinburgh Airport
• 40 minutes from Edinburgh and 45 minutes from St Andrews
• 100 acres of parkland and beautifully restored gardens
• Private island Loch Leven Castle Island (complete with ruined castle where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned in 1567-68).
• Exclusively hire Kinross House, or the full estate including the Coach House
• 24 bedrooms sleeping up to 48 guests (plus a few rooms can accommodate extra beds for children)
• Dining for up to 50 using Full Estate areas or up to 300 with a marquee
• Boutique Day Spa located at The Coach House Spa (with three treatment rooms, hydrotherapy pool, sauna, relaxation room, The Tartan Bar and outdoor courtyard seating).